07 November 2015

Essential Oils for Lower Back Pain



Recently one morning, as I began putting away the clean dishes from the night before, I threw out my lower back. This is the first time it has happened to me and the first thing I thought was, "WTF, I'm not even 40!" But... as the pain set in and I realized it wasn't going to go away on its own, I started a little research on how to alleviate the pain and speed my recovery along.

Here is how I recovered from my back pain that morning:

I applied a Soothing Essential Oil Blend topically to my lower back, along with ice. I applied for 20 minutes every hour for several hours that day. This Soothing Blend blend is my favorite when it comes to muscle pain or stiff muscles. I am not sure how I survived life before without it!

Rosemary essential oil would also be a great alternative to the Soothing Blend as a topical solution as it aids in decreasing muscle inflammation. Rosemary essential oil is also a stress reliever. I utilized Rosemary by diffusing it in my aromatherapy diffuser to help me calm down a bit and allow myself a little rest time.

Lastly, Roman Chamomile essential oil has a long list of benefits for health care and is another great choice for topical application to reduce muscle and joint pain. That day, I utilized its relaxation benefits by enjoying a cup of chamomile tea to calm myself. One of the hardest things for me to do when I am injured is to sit... and allow the injury to recover. By creating a calming environment for myself, it became a little more meditative and a little less stressful.


Essential Oils are a therapeutic and pure option for the health of your mind, body, and spirit. Ask me how you can incorporate the natural benefits of essential oils into your life!
eo4living@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment