25 October 2015

South Carolina {50 States of Yoga}

Aerial Yoga classroom at Integrative Yoga Therapy

I breezed through my time in South Carolina rather quickly.  I had started my morning in West Virginia and drove through parts of Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina to get to my afternoon yoga class in Easley, SC.




At Integrative Yoga Therapy I signed up for the Yoga For Every Body class with Linda Patterson.  I was drawn to Linda's class and studio because of her certification in Curvy Yoga with Anna Guest-Jelly.  I had taken a class with Anna at her home studio in Nashville, TN on another 50 States of Yoga adventure, and enjoyed my experience with her immensely.  Being a woman with a little extra weight on my body, I appreciate a class that is adaptable to my skill level and needs.


Linda's class did not disappoint.  I was feeling very strong in her class.  Pigeon pose was a joy.  I was the strongest I have ever been in tree pose.  And then... Dancer pose!  It was my first time trying this pose and I was right at home!  It empowered me and I left the class uplifted and energized.

Linda's studio was an amazing space, as well.  A beautiful lounge.  A studio space for aerial yoga {oh how I long to try aerial yoga!}.  A small room that looks perfect for meditation, and maybe a private yoga class.  Her space was beautiful and I was surprised to find it in a sleepy little town.  Linda, too, was a joy.  Besides being an attentive teacher, her dedication and passion for bringing yoga to her community is easily noticeable. 

Smokey Quartz from SC

On my way to yoga, I stopped in Hendersonville, NC at a lapidary.  More on that in my NC post.. but one thing I bought there was a smokey quartz cluster that had come from South Carolina.  On many of my trips I have been collecting rocks and crystals.  Some native, some not.  All with significant meaning.  The smokey quartz is said to shield us from negative energies. To protect us from car accidents.  It is a grounding crystal and connected to the root chakra.  It is an excellent crystal for safe travels.  The more I discover about crystals.. the more I am drawn to them.  Does it work?  Who can say... but to have a little something with you to carry your worries, allows you to let your worries go.


Thanks for following along.. it means the world to me to have the chance to share my experiences with you!  Stick around for the last state of this trip, North Carolina, and many more to follow!  Until then... all 50 States of Yoga can be found here!

1 comment: