27 February 2016

DIY Essential Oil Body Wash





You may recognize the bottle I re-used to make my own body wash with essential oils. I love scented body washes, but never really knew what was in them. Slowly I have been changing my beauty routine over to natural products because I learned that what I put on my skin is also absorbed by my skin and eventually into my bloodstream... and hey, ew! This body wash recipe is simple and easy to make. And the best part is... you can make it any scent you want.. and change it every time!

DIY Essential Oil Body Wash


13/4 cup Liquid Castile Soap - Unscented
5 TB Vegetable Glycerin
4 TB Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 Drops Essential Oil

Mix all of the ingredients in a container about 10-12 ounces in size. Shake! Be sure to shake the bottle every time, before you use it. Also note it is not thick like a shower gel, so it will be a little runny when pouring onto your loofah or facecloth - but don't worry - it is very sudsy!

In this batch I used 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil and 5 Drops Patchouli Essential Oil. Other great combos would be Eucalyptus/Peppermint for an uplifting shower or Lavender/Roman Chamomile for a relaxing shower. Or experiment with your favorite oils!


Essential Oils are a therapeutic and pure option for the health of your mind, body, and spirit. Ask me how you can incorporate the natural benefits of essential oils into your life!
eo4living@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment