19 August 2014

Creating Healthy Habits {Mental Health}


{source}

When I started creating healthy habits for myself, I didn't want to forget my mental well being. This blog has actually become part of my healthy habits/mental happiness goal. Having a place to share my goals, successes and failures, traveling dreams, and creativity is a positive way for me to express myself. A safe space for exploration, devotion, kindness, and being me.

Creating my Thursday's Thought section and ensuring I have something posted every Thursday requires me to be insightful {either with my own thoughts or with a borrowed quote}, creative { making the little images with Illustrator}, and ensures I keep a schedule - creating a routine is very important to me.  Having a space to honor my needs is essential for my mental well being and I am grateful that I have this space to share all sides of me.

Now that I have a flow going with Thursday's Thought I am working towards another weekly post focused on kindness. This will be a double duty post for my mental well-being!  I will be challenged to perform an act of kindness every week and then share it with you. Hopefully inspiring you to be extra kind in your life, too! It will also be my first foray into sharing my blog. I would like to share kindness stories from other people, as well. I don't want this weekly post to be all about "Hey! Look at me! I'm doing nice things!" I'm a bit too shy for that. But I do want to encourage other people to be kind to others, to give of themselves {anonymously or not}, and to share their stories here - in my weekly post dedicated to kindness! This will also challenge my tendency to be introverted. I like my solitude. It's hard {scary, even!} for me to ask people to share. To ask people to be a part of something I am doing. So this challenge will force me to come out of my shell more - to be more of an extrovert!


If you're interested in sharing your stories of Random Acts of Kindness {either received or given!} please feel free to reach out to me. vagabondzen {at} gmail {dot} com. I would love to share your stories on my soon-to-be weekly post of kindness!


"I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion, and elimination of ignorance, selfishness, and greed."  --Dalai Lama  {Vagabond Zen}


No comments:

Post a Comment