08 November 2009

Monday, Nov 2nd – Alexandria, NH to Buffalo, NY to Somewhere in OH

I left Alexandria, NH at 6am, right on time. I had a wake-up call from my folks… so no big surprise I was up on time. I initially had planned on taking a scenic route from NH to buffalo, NY. Going through central Vermont towards Ticonderoga, NY then through the Adirondacks to Utica… then hitting rte 90 for the last 250 or so miles… it didn’t take me long to realize that this route would add 3 hours to my trip… not the way I wanted to start a 3 week driving trip. So I opted for the path of least resistance. I arrived into Buffalo without any problems and a bit early too! I met up with my pal, Dana, and we had coffee… chatted about our past insanities (we were roommates during our party years) then we went to a meeting… (What, you didn’t know?? Yeah.. I’m sober.) Hit the road from there at 750p.. 10 minutes before schedule! Damn, I rock. My plan was simply to take the quickest route to Brazil, IN… driving all night. Already at 8pm I was drowsy. After all, I had been up since 5:30am and driving for ten hours already! It started sprinkling a bit… but it tapered off shortly after I hit PA. I took one of those 5-hour energy shots. I’d never had one before, but my brother and sister take them and claim they work. They do work. But not for 5 hours… by 10:30p I was starting to get tired again… I stopped for a nap at 11pm somewhere in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment