08 November 2009

Tuesday, Nov 3rd – Somewhere in OH to Brazil, IN

Hitting the road this time (at 2am) was wonderful. Only people on the road were truckers… and they’re predictable. The moon was near full and bright in the clear sky… lighting the way on the well paved highway. Sleepy again by 5am… aware that the sun was about to come up and I grabbed my jetblue night mask from one of their “shut-eye” flights. Awake again at 7am… and on the road. Most of this time I had been in Ohio… I thought at the time that Ohio would never end… I’d learn later in the trip that there are much wider states for me to traverse. I hit Indianapolis before noon… spent an hour trying to find someplace to sit and have a coffee… write a blog… do some email. No such luck. Off to Brazil to see my family. I stayed with my aunt Dorothy and uncle Scott. I’ve never actually called Scott my uncle before… it’s always just been aunt Dorothy and Scott, but he is married to my aunt, so that does make him my uncle. I heart logic. Anyway… they live in a fantastic farmhouse with gads of charm… my aunt is a wonderful decorator.. not like the kind where the house looks decorated but like the kind that it looks really cool and country-like with people actually living in it. She made Mexican for dinner… and I crashed, hard. I was out like a light at 6pm. I’m awesome company.

No comments:

Post a Comment