24 October 2009

Changing Perspectives.

As the Buddhist view has consistently demonstrated, it is the perspective of the sufferer that determines whether a given experience perpetuates suffering or is a vehicle for awakening. To work something through means to change one’s view; if we try instead to change the emotion, we may achieve some short-term success, but we remain bound by forces of attachment and an aversion to the very feelings from which we are struggling to be free.
- Mark Epstein

work towards non-attachment.
change my perspective.
sounds simple enough..
but how do i really do that??
i start by breathing.
meditating and focusing on my breathing.
surrounding myself with like people.
if the people i am with have similar goals...
it can help inspire me to succeed in my own.
i let it go.
put my faith in mary, in ganesha.
i detach from tomorrow...
i live today, and only today.
carpe diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment