20 November 2015

North Carolina {50 States of Yoga}



En route from West Virginia to South Carolina, I stopped at a rest area in North Carolina and found a brochure of a lapidary museum in Hendersonville, NC.  With an hour to kill, I decided to take the minor detour to check it out.



Lapidary Museum of Henderson County

I roamed around the Mineral and Lapidary Museum of Henderson County for a short time, looking at their extensive collection.  To my surprise, the small basement museum was quite popular.  I purchased an assortment of small tumbled stones to create a DIY Chakra set for myself, along with a rose quartz and a smokey quartz cluster.

Chakra Balancing Crystals Set

Rose Quartz

I then walked around a few blocks of downtown Hendersonville.  The streets are lined with these quirky bears.  If I had more time, I would love to spend an afternoon here.  There is a wide variety of stores and the bears are fun to check out!








My yoga class in North Carolina was at Be Yoga in Charlotte.  I took a Restorative Yin Yoga class with CJ.  I love Yin yoga and this class was no exception.  And although my thigh meat got in the way of a couple of poses, it was exactly what I needed after rushing through so many states.  After class I met a fellow yogi named Mary. She was so kind and hugged me.  It was so sweet and such an honor to talk to her.  I am blessed to have the opportunity to travel and take these classes and sometimes I need moments like that to force myself to be present.  To be in and to thrive in the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment