09 July 2014

A Coastal California Birthday

 
 
My birthday was a couple of weeks ago.. I'm a little late with this post.  Last year, my birthday fell on a Wednesday - which also happened to be the first night of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's Free Movies on the Beach.  The first night, every year, is The Lost Boys.  If you've seen The Lost Boys, you might know that it was filmed / based in Santa Cruz. It's an incredibly fun movie to watch there.  We had such a great time last year, that we decided to spend my birthday in Santa Cruz again this year!

One of my favorite parts of going to Santa Cruz is the drive down.  We could take the highway and get there in an hour... but that's no fun!  Instead we always head to the coast at Half Moon Bay, then drive down coastal Route 1 and enjoy the scenery.  In Half Moon Bay is an amazingly random store called Spanish Town Arts & Crafts.  They sell statues of Jesus, crazy giant dinosaur sculptures, Buddhist art, Mexican tchotchkes, and so much more!  It's a wonderful place to take photographs.  Oh, and did I mention I got a DSLR for my birthday!?!  This was the first place I gave it a try.








And here's a quick cell phone pic of me, my husband a couple our friends at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk just before the movie started!




I think now that we've taken the trip to Santa Cruz 2 years in a row, it might become a tradition!

What sort of Birthday traditions do you and your family have??






No comments:

Post a Comment