07 June 2014

Laundry Room {Cherryland Cottage}

The other half of our pantry is our laundry room.  We didn't have a washer and dryer in our apartment, so we are pretty excited to have a laundry room of our own.  In fact, when we went to buy our new washer and dryer, we felt like married adults for the first time - buying major home appliances!  We're a tad dorky, but Wow! it was exciting to make such a big purchase together!



BEFORE



IN PROGRESS - PAINTED
 We had our laundry room painted Off-White when the rest of the cottage interior was painted.


IN PROGRESS - STORAGE
 Because our washer and dryer took several weeks to deliver, the laundry room became a spot to dump stuff until it had a home.  Fortunately, we did find a home for 95% of this stuff before our new appliances were delivered.



IN PROGRESS - MAGNET LOVE!
 I've collected magnets of my travels for years.  It started when I began buying them for my grandmother as souvenirs from my trips in my 20s.  When my grandmother passed away, I took her magnet collection and made it my own.  Now when I travel I continue to buy magnets to add to our growing collection.  I loved that this cabinet was metal, so I could put our magnets here instead of all over our fridge.  The bull on the far right is the most recent addition - from my trip to Barcelona in March.


IN PROGRESS - SHELVING
 Here are a couple more Pinterest finds.  I have seen a lot of pins of laundry rooms that have shelves low over the washer/dryer.  I love the functionality of it - so I went for it.  The shelf is plain common board, the same wood that I used on the pantry shelves, and simple brackets.  The other Pinterest project is the giant mason jar drink dispenser... to dispense the laundry soap.  In theory it was a great idea, but the spigot leaks, if sitting for days/weeks.  Hence the towel bib.  I think when the jug is empty, I will go back to using the jug the soap comes in.

Also notice the mess on the wall above, where a previously hung shelf was painted around.  Not only did it leave an ugly stripe across the wall, but I also tore a big piece of wall off when I removed the bracket.  That big piece a plywood on the left?  That covers a window - or at least where a window was.  I don't know what happened with it, it was like that when we rented the place.


IN PROGRESS - CURTAINS
 Of course I had no desire to look at that ugly wall - and well paint wasn't going to make the plywood window disappear.  So I decided to to make a curtain to cover the wall above the shelf.  There was enough leftover material to make a curtain for the open shelf storage to the left of the washer, too!

 


Did you see the opposite side of this room?  The Pantry Build?
Come check it out, here.






No comments:

Post a Comment