17 March 2013

Vintage Photography Themed 50th Birthday Party

My sister celebrates her 50th birthday later this month, so to surprise her we held a 50th birthday party last weekend.  When she walked in the door, she had NO IDEA!  It was truly amazing how much our family and her friends were able to pull off.  Below are some photos of the dessert table that I designed.  I also did some other projects that I will post about another time.

The theme?  Vintage Photography.



The Dessert Table
I LOVE this table.  =D
The garland along the front is book pages sewn
together all ruffle-y.



Cupcake Tier and Candies.
I love the jars and vintage glass filled with treats.
Giant Pink Gumballs, Peanut M&Ms and Pocky Sticks.



Chocolate Skeleton Keys
After I made the keys I placed them in snack size ziplock
bags then sewed kraft card stock and book pages to the top.



The Birthday Cake
Let me tell you... this cake took 10 hours to decorate!
My niece Jessica is an amazing cake decorator.
She was able to print my sister's photographs onto
sugar paper and place them on the white fondant.
It's just a stunning cake!



50 Candles
I'll post more on this later, but I took basic number
candles and painted, glittered and blinged
them to perfection!



Cupcakes
An extra book from the centerpieces was a perfect platform
for some extra cupcakes.  I made the little flags on top.



Photo Cupcakes
With the extra photos from the cake, my niece adhered them
to fondant and cut them into circles.  Perfect little cupcake toppers!
The cupcake platform I made with extra fabric and trim
from scrap wood my neighbor had tossed the week before!




50 Chocolate Pops
I made the chocolate pops in a 50 mold then stood
them in sturdy foam in the bottom of this cute
little suitcase.  The shredded book pages helped camoflauge
the foam support underneath.



Centerpieces
I know I said this was about the Dessert Table, but I
had to show you the centerpieces!  The framed
camera print was printed onto book pages.  The vintage
books covered with either brown kraft paper or
newsprint wrapping paper (depending on the table you're
looking at).  Then wrapped in ribbon and topped with
one of my sister's photographs.  The upside-down wine glass
acts as a terrarium for a gerbera daisy bloom.  And the crystal
bowl is just some snackies. I also sewed the fabric for the tablecloths.



50 Photographs
Lastly, I made these posterboards with my sister's 
photographs in the shape of a 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment