20 March 2011

Our Wedding Themed Bedroom.

Our bedroom has become my place to display our wedding mementos. It seems like the most logical room, to do so, anyway.

We've always had an art gallery in our living room - walls filled with Dave's artwork. I wouldn't want to change this at all, as I love to look at his art and I hope it serves as inspiration for Dave to continue creating.

Our kitchen has begun to take on a Mexican/Southwestern theme... which I'm pretty certain doesn't work quite right with the 70s tile on our counters and back splash or all of our new appliances that are black and stainless steel. However, I'm sure it will all come together at some point - and if it doesn't, it's just a kitchen.

Our office/craft/guest room (which used to be our bedroom) is covered in punk rock posters and looks more like a teenage boy's bedroom than a married couple's multi-purpose room. I cannot make a single complaint about this, however, as Dave has given me full reigns on the bedroom... which I've turned into a walk down wedding day lane.

We have our newly upholstered dresser, which I've already shared, upholstered with our table runners from our reception. I've put a monogrammed, burlap pillow case on our bed, which was originally from our wedding ceremony seating. I've also displayed our guestbooks in our bedroom and hung wedding photos on our bedroom walls.







Most recently, I framed our BRIDE and GROOM signs. I had printed these out for our sweetheart table at the reception, but we ended up not having our own table and sitting with our family and friends. So, with a couple of dollar store frames, these little signs now hang on our wall.







I probably won't get too much more carried away with this theme, although I do want to upholster our night stand to match our dresser!

No comments:

Post a Comment