20 March 2011

Another reason to continue learning Spanish.



Yesterday I went to a local market for a handful of groceries. When I got home, I discovered the meats I had purchased were labeled in Spanish!

The market is a Mexican market, so yeah... I know, but I was still a little surprised about the labels, as we have 2 Mexican markets in our neighborhood that I shop in, and the other one's meats are labeled in English.




I know, this isn't all that exciting for most, but as I continue to struggle with the idea of returning to school to pursue my interest in Spanish language and Latin American culture, this is just one more reason for me to keep learning Spanish!

Speaking of that struggle, I did find an inexpensive Spanish class locally that starts mid-April. It would fit well into my current work schedule, too. However, I am still hoping with all of my being to transfer to a different position that I recently interviewed for. So, if that transfer happens, I don't know if my work schedule would continue to be compatible with the Spanish class's schedule. So, I will just sit on the idea, until I hear about the career opportunity or the class is about to begin. Tick tock!

No comments:

Post a Comment