12 November 2010

The dog ate your what?



My nephew's pit bull ate my eyeglasses.

Except, they weren't really my eyeglasses, anyway.

Last November, the arm broke on my eyeglasses, so a friend gave me his old frames and I had Walmart put some cheapo lenses in them for me.

For a year, I haven't even been wearing my glasses. But my nephew's pit bull didn't actually care who's eyeglasses she was eating. She just ate them without prejudice.

Fortunately, for me... that means a new pair of eyeglasses, free! As my favorite nephew graciously paid to replace the eyeglasses I had been wearing.

So... after a week and a half of wearing the dog chewed glasses taped to my face - I've got new specs!



The coolest thing about my new glasses is everything.

Besides, the fact that I love the shape, design and color... they are totally eco friendly.

Yup, my glasses are good for the environment!

eco - earth conscious optics, is a company that is generations beyond any other eyeglass company. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.



eco is a radically new approach to eyewear using recycled metals and plastic. eco reinterprets the whole product lifecycle in an environmentally sustainable way, starting with its recycled content, certified by UL Environment.

eco plants a tree for each frame sold together with trusted non-profit organizations, and makes it easy to donate unused frames to people in need in developing countries.





Truly though... I didn't have a clue about what I was buying when I bought them... I just liked how they looked on my head... but I am very impressed with their efforts towards a greener planet and glad to know I am now a part of that.

Thanks Dakota and Adam for the new eco eyeglasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment