05 October 2014

Autumn & Dias de los Muertos

 
I love Autumn; it is one of my favorite times of the year!  I love the leaves falling, the crisp air in the evening, the jewel tone sweaters, but most of all the Mexican tradition of Dias de los Muertos has always captured my heart.  It is so vibrant and reflective - I particularly love to see the altars that people create for their loved ones.

Every year the Oakland Museum of California has an exhibit showcasing the spirit of Dias de los Muertos.  This year is no different - their exhibition Songs and Sorrows: Dias de los Muertos 20th Anniversary will run October 8, 2014 - January 4, 2015.  If you're in the area, it is definitely worth the visit.  And leave time for the rest of the museum - it's quite impressive!

For a little more whimsy at home - check out World Market's Los Muertos line this year... LOVE IT!  Some of my favorites are shown below, enjoy!



Muertos High Ball Glasses


Dia de los Muertos Tumblers


Papel de Picado Pillar Candles


14" Wooden Los Muertos Nutcrackers
{I always LOVE "Los Novios" stuff}


Neon Wooden Cat Skeleton Wall Decor

What do you love about Autumn?  Or is another time of year your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment