04 May 2010

Vagabonding.



Vagabonding - n. (1) The act of leaving behind the orderly world to travel independently for an extended period of time. (2) A privately meaningful manner of travel that emphasizes creativity, adventure, awareness, simplicity, discovery, independence, realizm, good humor, and the growth of spirit. (3) A deliberate way of living that makes the freedom to travel possible.

I couldn't have said it better.
I definitely don't vagabond like I used to.
I miss that.
But now, in this new chapter of my life,
I'm starting to realize there are other ways
to vagabond.
I need to explore the vast SF Bay Area.
Within 4-6 hours I have a plethora of State and National Parks.
All completely unexplored by me.
I'm anticipating a very full summer:
summer session of Spanish,
wedding planning,
the wedding - itself,
driving around back east after the wedding,
but I also hope to have enough free time
to run about from park to park
and explore like I've never explored before.

Thanks to a vagabond friend in south africa who sent me the above link...
it was definitely much needed inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment