10 October 2009

Experiment in Funk?

i'm considering an experiment...
well...
beginning an experiment, really.
how "back to basics" can i get??
how much funk can i handle??
how much is too much??
i'm starting out slow...
i switched deordorants! ha!
no really though...
i sweat like its my job.
so i have been using hi-strength
anti-perspirant for ever...
what the stuff does though...
is colg your pores so you dont sweat..
not really good for you.
so... i've gotten tom's lavendar deodorant.
it just masks your funky smell.
well.. the first two days were fine...
but yesteday and today...
funky!
b.o.
i just put on more... hopefully...
i'm figuring...
as my body adjusts to it...
i hope i'll stop smelling so bad?? ha...
we'll see.
i've stopped shaving too...
well, stopped shaving my legs.
gorilla lady... look out!
next step is going to dr bronners...
for body and hair...
and only washing my hair...
well.. seeing how long i can go without washing my hair??
i stopped using styling products a couple months ago...
so its just shampoo and conditioner...
my hair is impossible without conditioner...
but i heard that if you stop putting shit into your hair
like conditioner
after a couple weeks...
your hair adjusts its ph back to normal..
and its fine.
without stuff in it.
and you only have to wash it occasionally.
so.. thats the plan...
to see how long i can go without washing it...
and how funky it will get before it annoys me.
i'm sort of prepping for my trip..
as i plan on sleeping in my car when not camping..
and the campgrounds dont have shower facilities..
so if i can tolerate or figure how to adjust to funk now..
on the road it should be a breeze...
here's to funk!

2 comments:

  1. May I suggest "the Rock?" It works way better but will take about 4 days to 2 weeks to completely work. So worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to have to check it out... cause tom's lavendar deodorant isn't doing much... ten days later!

    ReplyDelete