14 July 2009

Brad Warner...





if you know me...
you know i am a big fan of brad warner.
he's a zen monk with edge.
i need edge.
i'm not perfect.
i'm never going to be...
and what he writes...
the way he writes it...
makes me feel like that's ok.

brad has written a few books...
hardcore zen
sit down, shut up
zen wrapped in karma dipped in chocolate

i've read them all...
several times...
i own them, if you'd like to borrow one.

he also writes a blog for suicide girls.
which is brilliant...
read it.
this month's is about something close to me...
Amma.
again, if you know me well...
you know the man i followed to CA
went to CA to follow Amma.
i do not follow Amma.
it's not my thing...
my thing leans more towards soto zen...
which, worked out well, because
we ended up in san francisco
where there is also a brilliant zen center.
anyway... Amma's US center is just outside
san francisco, thats why we went there.
Amma has been a tough pill for me to swallow.
i mean, i havent actually swallowed it...
i more suck on it now and then
to entertain/appease my friend.
i don't buy it.
but he does...
anyway....
brad warner's blog on Amma was refreshing...
i dont feel so bad for not biting the bait.
read it.
he's a brilliant writer.
here's the link:
http://suicidegirls.com/news/culture/23746/

No comments:

Post a Comment